Psychotherapy can act as a minor “tune-up” for your life, or as a much deeper and intense journey, with the end destination being a more peaceful and authentic life. We never stop learning, and as a therapist I commit to working with my clients wherever they feel they’re starting out from. My clients and I define a set of goals together at the beginning of therapy, and depending on the goals, therapy can last for just weeks, or for several months or longer.
I work with a variety of age groups and a variety of complaints/issues/challenges.
I specialize in:
- Couples Therapy
- Individual psychotherapy for the LGB population
- Psychotherapy for trans and genderqueer individuals
- Grief companioning and therapy for traumatic grief
Therapeutic Wilderness Adventures
The natural environment around us can be an effective forum for deepening the work of therapy. I believe strongly in the inherent healing qualities of the outdoors, and occasionally I guide structured wilderness trips with clients or meet with clients outside to facilitate structured activities or rituals that may enhance the progress of therapy. This can be relevant when:
- acknowledging a transition in life
- saying goodbye to something or someone
- working through challenges in connecting with others
- working through anxiety
Visit my page on therapeutic wilderness trips for more information, or contact me directly at 303-587-2427.